• Downloading from our site will require you to have a paid membership. Upgrade to a Premium Membership from 10$ a month today!

Dont forget read our Rules! Also anyone caught Sharing this content will be banned. By using this site you are agreeing to our rules so read them. Saying I did not know is simply not an excuse! You have been warned.

New way to force guests to register

Admin

Staff member
Administrator
If you want me to do the setup for you and create a unique character for your site please check my fiverr.com Gig and spend those 5 bucks :)
http://fiverr.com/dszuecs/create-a-cool-register-now-avatar-for-your-vbulletin-site-and-implement-it

ABOUT THIS MOD

My idea was to place a fix characater on the bottom right, wich forces guests to register an account, because i was sick of those standard "hello guest, register" mods.

So with this little modification, you are able to display a nice and flashy character to all guests - forcing them to register :)

All examples on the bottom are free to use.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LIVE-DEMO: http://www.srowned.org

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IF YOU RUN VBULLETIN 4.X.X CHECK THIS THREAD
IF YOU RUN VBULLETIN 3.X.X CHECK THIS THREAD

1. Upload your desired image to "/images/misc/register.png" (if you want my samples, feel free to use them, they are all attached below)

2. Open your "css_additional.css" and add the following lines:
div.forcetoregister{background:url(images/misc/register.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; width:300px; height:200px; padding:0 5px 3px; position:fixed; right:1px; bottom:0px; z-index:1;
}
3. Open your "footer" template and add the following line on top:

To show it on every page add this on bottom right before the </body> tag in footer:
<vb:if condition="$bbuserinfo['userid'] == 0"><a href="/register"><div class="forcetoregister"></div></a></vb:if>
4. Mark as installed

5. You are done!

NEW FEATURE: RANDOM IMAGE ON EVERY PAGERELOAD

Since some one at the forum came up with the wish, to have random images on every pagereload, i can now provide you a solution:

1. Add this code to your "css_additional.css" instead of the code provided on top:
div.forcetoregister{background:url(rotate.php); background-repeat: no-repeat; width:300px; height:200px; position:fixed; right:1px; bottom:0px; z-index:1;
}
2. Download the file "rotate.php" wich is attached below

3. Upload the file "rotate.php" to your FORUMROOT

4. Open "images/misc" via FTP and create a new folder called "ftr" (Complete path should look like this: /images/misc/ftr)

5. Upload your desired images to the "ftr" folder (supported file extensions are: PNG, GIF & JPG)

6. Your done!
Download rotate.php (1.5 kb)

Facebook Comments