• Downloading from our site will require you to have a paid membership. Upgrade to a Premium Membership from 10$ a month today!

Dont forget read our Rules! Also anyone caught Sharing this content will be banned. By using this site you are agreeing to our rules so read them. Saying I did not know is simply not an excuse! You have been warned.

Hide Forum Posts in Activity Stream and Unread Posts Link

Admin

Staff member
Administrator
First, this is mod is a mix of information from multiple sources. I am posting it here so that it can be more easily found and used by others.
Thanks to Wired1979, New Joe, and support on vbulletin.com to figuring this all out.

This mod will hide any forum listed from the Activity Stream and from the New Post link in the forum page.

**This mod requires php file edits and editing of links in the Navigation Manager.

To hide posts in a forum from the Activity Stream:
1. You need to edit your Post.php and Thread.php files located in your forum directory: vb/activitiystream/view/perm/forum/
2. Download above two files and make a backup copy in case you want to revert back.
3. Using an editor (like notepad), add the following line to both Post.php and Thread.php:
AND
t.forumid NOT IN (2,4,6,8)
4. The comma separated numbers reflect your forum id numbers. If it is just one forum, then use one number.
5. As an example, here is a snippet of what mine looks like: (I omitted previous code, so find this code in your php files)

WHERE
p.postid IN (" . implode(",", array_keys($this->content['postid'])) . ")
AND
p.visible <> 2
AND
t.visible <> 2
AND
t.forumid NOT IN (23,94,96)

To hide posts in a forum from the New Posts link:
1. Enter your admincp and go to the Navigation Manager
2. Find the link under Forum tab for New Posts
3. Click edit
4. Add the following line:
search.php?{session.sessionurl}do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post&amp;exclude=96-Game-News
5. You MUST include the forum id and forum name
6. Repeat for the New Posts link under the What's New tab in the Navigation Manager

Facebook Comments

Back