This XF2 add-on along with the entire collection can be purchased for $35.00 USD. Your Premium upgrade will allow you to download as many XF2 add-ons as you like for one year. Please see the entire collection located in the Resources area at this URL: xf2addons.com
Shows a list of similar threads when a user is creating or viewing a thread.
The Similar threads add-on will do the following:
- Show a list of similar threads when a user is creating a new thread.
- Show a list of similar threads when a user is viewing a thread.
(Example of Similar threads shown in thread view)
(Example of Options page)
(Example of User group permissions)
- Forum view permissions honored. If a member doesn't have permission to view certain forums, similar threads will not be shown from those forums.
- Supports Enhanced search.
- All phrases start with similarthreads_ for your convenience.
- Download Andy-SimilarThreads-5.8.zip and unzip it.
- Copy the src/addons/Andy/SimilarThreads directory to your server.
- From the Admin Control Panel Install the add-on.
Normally you will want to set "Yes" for the following two user groups:
Unregistered / Unconfirmed
Creating optional widget:
This widget is used to display a similar threads block in the thread view sidebar.
- Admin Control Panel -> Appearance -> Widgets
- Widget definition = Similar threads
- Widget key = similar_threads
- Title = (leave blank)
- Display in positions = Thread view: Sidebar
- Click Save.
To enable Enhanced search, select in the Options page. Enhanced search gives better similar thread results because it can use stemming.
Question and answers:
Q: Do I ever have to rebuild the search or thread indexes to use this add-on?
Q: Are thread titles and posts searched?
A: Only thread titles are searched.
Q: Is the "View threads by others" set to No or Never honored?
A: No. You will need to exclude those forums in the options page.
Q: In order to use Enhanced search option, which version of Elasticsearch and Enhanced search will I need?
A: You will need Elasticsearch 6 or newer and Enhanced search 2 or newer.