His specifications were:
- Block all images other than the first image to users using adblocking software.
- An admin option for choosing which usergroups this would apply to.
- Do not block smileys in post.
His envision was to have a sort of spoiler feel like "look we have good content, but you need to disable your adblocker if you want to see any more."
This is by no means a "perfect" solution (as with any adblock detection, there are always ways around them.) but it is a deterrent, and most users aren't too tech savey to bypass them.
- While testing, I standardly do not use adblockers. So images were caching for me and it seemed the product was not working for me when it in fact was. Simply clearing my cache solved that issue.
- There are adblockers that will not block false ads, thus not triggering the adblock detection.
I will not list these adblockers because I do not believe in them but the bigger known, and most commonly used adblockers will trigger (they don't bypass detection).
Upon Downloading any DRC product you acknowledge and agree to abide by the following:
Products are designed for default vBulletin, downloads are as is and not guaranteed to work with your custom site.
You are permitted to alter the product code and images for your own personal use.
Under no circumstances is the code (original or modified) permitted to be redistributed.
Exceptions will only be made with written permission from Dirt RIF CustUmz.
All copyright notices must remain in the templates and are not to be modified.
Unless a One-Time or Universal Branding Free license is purchased. (contact me via PM until the shop is complete)