• Downloading from our site will require you to have a paid membership. Upgrade to a Premium Membership from 10$ a month today!

Dont forget read our Rules! Also anyone caught Sharing this content will be banned. By using this site you are agreeing to our rules so read them. Saying I did not know is simply not an excuse! You have been warned.

Deny Reply For Staff Members in Closed Threads

Admin

Staff member
Administrator
Description:
This hack adds prevents Staff Members from posting in closed threads. When a thread is closed, administrators and moderators are still able to post in it. This basically prevents that. There is also an option to exclude selective users from this. I made this modification for a client and decided to put it up here for others to use if they need to.

Installation Instructions:
To install simply import the attached product-denied_reply.xml file. Then you're done.

Altering the Error Message:
It is possible to change the error message that is displayed to users when they are denied from replying in a closed thread. This can be done by going to Phrase Manager in the Admin CP and searching for the denied_reply_error phrase. Then add a translation for the language your forum is in and alter the message as required.

Changelog:
05/06/2012 - Version 1.00:
- Initial release.

Notes:
I'm always looking to improve my work for the people that enjoy using it. If you have any suggestions on how I can improve this hack then please leave a comment and I'll see what I'm able to do. Don't forget to 'Mark As Installed' if you've got it installed!

product-denied_reply.xml

Facebook Comments

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Admin vBulletin Deny Spam 3.8.x Add-ons 0
Admin [OzzModz] Quick Reply Button For Threads Xenforo 0
Admin [PB] Manage Reply Ban on Locked Thread Xenforo 2 Xenforo 0
Admin [OzzModz] Staff Reply To Locked Conversations Xenforo 0
Cuongstyleyb Hướng dẫn Làm reply CMT Facebook như trên Pages Tut, tool, mmo 0
Admin Auto.Reply.to.Topics.v1.1.0.for.IP.Board.v3.4.x.PH P.NULL-DGT Mã nguồn web 0
Admin Hướng dẫn thêm trả lời vào phần tin nhắn của khách - Add reply to visitor message Vbb tutorial 1
Admin 8thos Post New Reply From Thread Display 1.0 Xenforo 0
Admin Move smilies to below text area (and optionally add to Quick Reply) Add-ons 0
Admin TW7S - Remove "Reply with Quote" and Multi-Quote from first post in thread Add-ons 0
Admin Tạo button cho 'Like' 'Unlike' và 'Reply' cho xenforo Xenforo 1
A Help Admin or mọi người vào giú em về edit , và reply Vbulletin 9
Admin TW7S - Remove "Reply with Quote" and Multi-Quote from first post in thread Add-ons 2
Admin MARCO1 Advanced Quick Reply v.4.5 - Advanced Quick Edit - With Smiles!! Add-ons 0
Admin vt.Lai VBB Limit New Thread/Reply 2.0 for vBB 3 - Giới hạn số bài viết mới, số reply Add-ons 0
Admin vt.Lai VBB Limit New Thread/Reply 4.1 for vBB 4 - Giới hạn số bài viết mới, số reply Add-ons 0
Admin Mod quick reply for guests cho vbb4.x.x Add-ons 0
Admin [S60v3] Auto Reply - Tự động trả lời tin nhắn Việt Hóa crack S60 0
Admin [CJ] Staff online widget vB5 Add-ons 0
Admin Yilmaz - Current Staff Online Module VB5 Add-ons 0
Admin [OzzModz] Email Staff When New Registration Xenforo 0
Admin German translation for [OzzModz] Email Staff When New Post/Thread In Mod Queue Xenforo 0
Admin [DBTech] Default Staff Signature v1 (vB4) Add-ons 1
Admin Forum Staff Ranks Vbulletin 0