• Downloading from our site will require you to have a paid membership. Upgrade to a Premium Membership from 10$ a month today!

Dont forget read our Rules! Also anyone caught Sharing this content will be banned. By using this site you are agreeing to our rules so read them. Saying I did not know is simply not an excuse! You have been warned.

Adblock Alert

Admin

Staff member
Administrator
This is a minor port of my 3.8.x modification found HERE.

Demo
http://www.consolediscussions.com/forum/

To-Do
Enable/Disable
Auto Template
Link into default notification system
Usergroup settings
Redirect if ABP detected
Cookie system to only display message once per session
Color of message
Index only option

This is a minor port, I am working now to fully port everything over along with a premium version.

I use Google Adsense on my website and considering Google Adsense is not malicious, I feel no need for adblocking software of any kind.

Therefor I have created this system which will alert members that ads are used to support the server. Wait... What's that? You don't want to annoy a member with constant alerts? No worries! This system works off of cookies, so once the member views the alert, they won't be bothered by it anymore.

Installation
1.) Upload the contents of the "upload" folder to your forums root directory.
2.) Perform template edits
3.) Mark Installed. =]

Template Edits
Code:
In the navbar template find:
			{vb:raw notices}
		</ol>
	</form>
</vb:if>

After add:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="abp/adblock_detector.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
if (document.getElementById("TestAdBlock") == undefined)
{
	document.write('<br /><div style="background-color: yellow; border-width: 2px; border-style: dashed; border-color: red;"><center><font color="red"><strong>Adblock Plus</strong> detected! Please help support Console Discussions, by disabling ad-blocking software.</font></center></div>');
}
</script>

FAQ
Q: Why is it not working?
A: Make sure you uploaded everything and installed the mod. Also make sure template edits are completed.

Q: How does this work?
A: I've used adblocking software against them. I've made a fake advertisement which is never displayed on the forums, but is within the coding. Since the soul purpose of adblocking software is to of course... block ads. It blocks this advertisement, in which the script checks to see if the advertisement loaded. If not, the alert is displayed.

Changelog
Release.
Download
Hidden content
You need -1 more posts to view this content

Facebook Comments